Sunday, February 28, 2010

Genetics

My family is crazy. If you know me, you know that I have an obsession with zombies and ninjas, and obsession that I share with the majority of my family members. Over Christmas break Megan, Zach, Tucker, Jess and I made up a plot to a zombie movie that we thought would be awesome. Zach and Naya have both taken karate lessons and Megan was a ninja for halloween. We've even started corrupting our nephew Gage. We have this little blowup zombie that you can hit and it pops back up at my house, and Gage will tell you that the only way to kill a zombie is to hit it in the head. I'm so proud.

My parents are crazy too. In an awesome way. If you get a song with a good beat, they will bust out their mad dance skills. My mom skis and my dad snowboards. Nothing makes me happier than getting a text from my dad saying, "Hey Tab! So I went boarding with Zach and Tucker today and I totally shredded down the hill! It was awesome." He really sends me texts like that :)

My point is, it's not my fault that I'm weird/crazy. It runs in the family. I was talking to my grandpa yesterday and he even said himself that our entire family is short a few bolts in the brain and that the grandkids never stood a chance. This common oddity that we have makes us really close. It wasn't always like this. I have scars from where my brother lit me on fire, but now that we're all more mature (AKA since almost all of us no longer live at home) we get along a lot better and so we're planning this road trip for Naya's 16th birthday to San Diego. And you know what? I've never been so excited for a road trip! It's just going to be us siblings, so that guarantees that some crazy things are going to happen, so if there are some mysterious happenings in San Diego April 6-ish you know who to blame. Then again, we're all ninjas so nobody with notice our mischief....

No comments:

Post a Comment