Saturday, May 29, 2010

Psychic

I'm psychic. Or my sister Megan is. Let me explain.

Earlier this week I was sitting on my couch finishing up "Fever Dream" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. As I lay there reading, I stopped and was thinking about how I was going to go home in two weeks and how excited I was when my phone started ringing. It was Megan! My sister and friend.

Now, I had not told any of my family yet that I was coming home. I was going to wait until the time was closer. This is important. NOBODY IN MY FAMILY KNEW!

This is how our conversation went. Well, I may be paraphrasing a little bit...

Tab: Hey Meg, what's up?
Megan: Hey Tab. I've been thinking and was wondering of you were still considering coming home? Because I have to get away from Mom's candy jar.
Tab: My flight comes in on the seventh.
Megand:...are you joking?
Tab: Nope.
Megan: I'm freakin' psychic!

That's one example. Another occured today.

So there I was! Laying out and reading by the pool! I'd just finished my book and didn't quite feel like starting my next one yet so I just laid there thinking about how I needed to find a way to get in shape. Martial artists are in killer shape, not to mention I need to hone my ninja skills. So I decided that when I got home I needed to look up some sort of class that I could take and wondered if Megan would want to take one with me. My phone rings.

Tab: Hey Meg
Meg: Hey Tab! Have you ever heard of the martial arts something something? (I can't remember what she said ok!?)
Tab: Sure haven't.
Meg: Well I just signed up and I think you should do it with me I-
Tab: Megan get out of my head.

I then told her what I'd been thinking about, not five minutes before.

Meg: Are you serious?! Get out of my head!

She then proceeded to tell me about this class and how she'd talked to the instructor and how it's kind of a violent discipline and the instructor told her she was a natural. He was surprised. I wasn't, we Morin children are a bloodthirsty batch.

So anyways, that's my story. Megan and I are connected on a psychic level, which is terrifying. Who knows what we're capable of! Kicking butt? Of course. World domination? Undoubtedly. World beware! You've been warned.

2 comments:

  1. wow. i love your family. and you! giulia and david and i helped paint keith and keri's new place today. except giulia and david are all married and just not as much fun anymore. laaame. okay so really they aren't your typical dead married couple, but they are still married. which is still lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a surprise. I was going to comment on tab and meg's psychodrama, but now all I have to say is: YOU'RE LAME ERIN.
    :) love you both.

    ReplyDelete