Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Paint Euphoria

First off. I started writing the title and when I finished the word it when all crazy and changed into a language that I had no idea what it was! Did you know there's a setting that lets you write in Malayalam? I'm totally serious that's what it was set as. But I fixed it so no worries!

Ok, so I've moved back in with my parents for a number of reasons, but reason numero uno is...it's cheap. Megan and I moved all last weekend and it was a pain (as all college students know because we move a lot! Or at least I did...was that abnormal?) But we finally got all our junk over here and guess what! I get an actual room! All to myself! So of course I'm going to paint it.

I've had this idea for a while that I've wanted to do but haven't been able to, so I was pretty excited about finally being able to do it. Let me see if I can describe it first before you look at the pictures. I wanted to do a sunset along one wall with the silhouette of a city. I decided to do Rome because A.) I've always wanted to go there and B.) It's a bitchin skyline.

I'm now going to walk you through the process.

This is what my room looked like to start out with:


Not bad, just a nice relaxing light green. After painting it looked like this:


Looks a bit like an explosion right? Ok I'm going to interrupt myself with a story.

When I was painting my room I had to shut the door so I could get the wall on the other side of it. I then forgot to open the door again. Three hours later I'd painted this awesomeness and I was very very loopy. I was loopy the next day too when I was at my friend Scott's homecoming. This woman stood up after Scott to speak and started off by saying that her name was Susan Kay Somethingorother but went by Kay and this here was her husband Gary. At that point I leaned over to Naya and whispered "He goes by Gary" I seriously thought that was so hilarious that when I was telling it to some friends after sacrament I was doubled over, reduced to tears. If that isn't paint euphoria I don't know what is. Around Sunday night I was over my fit of giggles.

Moving on! I had Megan sketch me the skyline of Rome on some poster board which I cut out then taped to the wall:













In an effort to not get high off of the paint fumes again (there's only so much the brain can take in a 72 hour period right? For example, in that last sentence alone I had to retype five words two or three times because I kept on misspelling them.) I tied a scarf around my face. I don't think it was very successful.

But here is the finished product!

Pretty sweet huh? Now I just need to organize my room and unpack! Woot! But for now I'm going to bed because I feel a little light headed...

No comments:

Post a Comment