Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Homework? What Homework?

I'm not the most studious person ever. Actually I'm rarely studious at all. Ok! Ok! I'm the head of the "Let's Blow Off School/Schoolwork to Play" club. Lot's of people are in it, they just aren't as good at it as me.

I have a theory as to why I hate being in school. I don't have a plan! I'll elaborate later, I'm going to go rock climbing and then go jump into first dam. It's such a nice day!

Ok, anyways. I don't have a plan. Sometimes I love my major and get really excited when I start thinking about what I can do with my degree, other days I don't know what the crap I was thinking when I chose it. And the result is, I'm rarely driven to do well in class anymore. So this semester I changed my plan.

No, I didn't change my major. The new plan (tentative plan that is) is to go on a mission! I'll take fall semester off to help me save up and then hopefully leave on time in December. Man, just writing about it is making me so excited! But I'll be the first to admit that I'm kind of a fickle person. Before finally deciding I wanted to go into Exercise Science I must have changed what I wanted to be when I grew up at least once a week. And then I just decided I would never grow up and be a young athletic trainer my whole life, which IS possible thanks to my mother's side of the family.

So yeah, that's the plan for now. Hopefully it works out, but whatever the Lord wants for me in the end I guess I'll accept. Maybe instead of a mission he'll want me to become a wandering minstrel in Ireland. Who knows? That would be kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment