Tuesday, April 20, 2010

There Were No Survivors

My face mask was making it a little hard to breathe, but as everyone knows, a ninja isn't anything without her mask. Common knowledge. I was plastered against the wall of the Elementary School, slowly sliding along it and convinced that somebody was going to see four people dressed all in black being suspicious and call the cops on us. It was almost midnight after all, a time of night when most respectable people are in bed. We weren't seen.

Scanning the park for any movement, we could see a couple of people on the swings but we couldn't tell if they're friend, foe, or ignorant civilian. As we creeped closer, my communication device went off. It was one of the pseudoninjas calling to see if we were prepared for battle yet. Fool! I'm always ready for battle! But I just told her that we weren't there yet and we would meet them at the park, giving them plenty of time to set up if they were smart enough to take advantage of it. They weren't. The couple was still on the playgroud, swinging away.

My team set up, Kylee disappears up into a tree, JB and Richie fade into the darkness and even I don't know where they went. I went and set up in the nearest attack point that I can get to without being seen. When I was ready I let the enemy know "We're here".

They came slowly, but not carefully. Only one of them was armed so I released my sword from my back sheath and zeroed in on Shannon. The one in front, the one with the weapon, the only one I was truly concerned about. I would've be concerned about Maggars, she does have fists of fury, but it takes her awhile to get angry enough to use them.

Shannon is about fifteen feet in front of her group now and she passes my hiding spot, all alone. Since she didn't see me I sat there for a moment, waiting until she was to the point where she couldn't see me when i ran at her. Her team saw me, but they were too startled to say anything. I think it was at this point that the ignorant couple left. Probably to call the cops and tell them there was some sort of ninja gang battle going on.

Once I engaged I started to lure Shannon back to the tree I knew Kylee was in, it took a while but I got her there. Only Kylee wasn't in the tree anymore, she was on the ground. Shannon saw her and Kylee had no choice but to tackle her and try to take the sword away. It was Kylee's sword after all. Shannon's team stood back and did nothing.

At that point, JB came rushing out of the darkness wielding her staff of destruction. A weapon forged with the blood of nations and the tears of the fallen. Her fury was too much and after a few minutes of beating Shannon's inutile teammates, the staff was shredded. JB continued on though, her fury impressive and their devastation sure.

Shannon put up quite the fight. It took both Kylee and me to get to sword from her. At one point even JB was helping. Good thing her team didn't come to save her because then I don't think we would've ever taken it back. Once we did, Shannon lay there. Broken.

Once Shannon was gone, there was no hope for Maggars, Mexican, Noelle and Chad. There was a fruitless attempt to fend us off with pinecones but it was of no avail.

There were no survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment