Thursday, February 25, 2010

Airsoft

The hallway is dark, my battle buddy is in front of me, ready to clear the room. Our fourth man has just cleared the door for any explosives and kicks it in. Our tightly packed line bursts into the room, yelling and letting loose short, controlled bursts from our rifles.

"Status!"
"One up!"
"Two up!"
"Three up!"
"Four up!"
"Room clear! Bravo team advance!"

Bravo rushes into the room, prepared to do the exact same thing to the next closed door. All of a sudden I hear a pop and my neck stings like hell and I'm down.

"Man down!" Chaos ensues while the squad tries to identify the source of fire.

Sounds pretty exciting right? Sadly, I didn't get shot in the neck today with an airsoft gun while doing the lab for my ROTC class. My stupid gun didn't even work! Although it was pretty funny to see some of the awesome welts some of the guys had at the end. I was really excited for this lab because I thought it would make an epic story. I guess I'll just have to start making up epic stories and use this blog as a creative outlet instead.....Have you ever heard of the Ninja Zombie Tabitha? Her story is an epic one. I like this idea.

Back to the lab. It actually was pretty fun. Mostly cause we actually had guns that could shoot instead of just pointing at someone and saying, "Bang! Bang!" Yes. We really do that. Don't judge.

On a completely random note, tonight was freakin' hilarious. We started off by getting home from practice and deciding that instead of popping in Flight of the Conchords, like we'd previously planned, we were going to rent a cheesy chick flick. I'd heard of this movie called accidental husband that I thought looked pretty cute. I mostly wanted to see it because it has Colin Firth in it and that guy from P.S. I Love You. No, not Gerard Butler! The other attractive Irish man.

So we watched this incredibly cheesy movie, complete with commentary and uproarious laughter (is uproarious even a word? If not, I'm making it one) it ended. Now, I sometimes say things without thinking about them so when I say, "Guys, I want to marry a boy." What I mean is, "I love the attractive fireman who acts like a little boy sometimes but manages to be cute and romantic" But the reaction I get is laughs all around and thanks for the assurance that I am, in fact, attracted to men.

But my roommate managed to top me off tonight in hilarious things. She comes out of the bathroom and says. "Guys" in a kind of embarassed small-girl voice. You know what I'm talking about? Well turns out she'd dropped her phone in the toilet and then flushed the back part down. She definately wins I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment