Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Running

Can I just say that I absolutely LOATHE running simply for the sake of running? Well I do. It's different when you're playing a sport, such as soccer or rugby, because there's actually something you're running for. In soccer you get to kick something, in rugby you get to hit someone, definately worth the run.

I bring it up because this morning I had my first PT test. Pushups, situps, and a two-mile run. Gross? Absolutely. Don't get me wrong! I did it, and did well. But running is just crappy, especially any earlier than ten in the morning. Bleh.

Ok, now that I'm done complaining about running I'm going to do a quick highlights of my weekend.

Friday: skipped out on nutrition so I could go snowboarding with my sister, who is quickly making progress considering this was like her fourth time going. When we went to our seperate boarding classes I hit a rail boardside for the first time ever. I biffed it on the snow, but I didn't eat it on the rail so thank you! Then I also grinded off a tree that was sticking out of the ground. Yes, it did it on purpose! And no, I didn't wipe out. Yes, I'm a ninja. I ended up having to drive home though cause my sister broke her wrist during her class :(

Saturday: Rugby day! Our first game of the season and we got to play on our pitch that is an ice field right now. It actually wasn't that bad once we started, but I think all of our knees are bruised. I got in a few good tackles, but Tony has moved me to a back so I was mostly running around like a chicken with it's head cut off because I kept on wanting to get into the rucks. I scored two tries though! Woot woot! That night I went on a date (yes family, a date. Sometimes I go on them) and we went to a hypnotist and I volunteered to go up. It was tons of fun and my date ended up buying the DVD so he could show me what a fool I was. Something to look forward to ha ha

Sunday: Not much. Slept through church and finished the Matrix Marathon that we started on our way to Vegas.

FYI: 28 pushups, 57 situps, and a 17:14 two-mile on my PT test

No comments:

Post a Comment